9.13.2011

DIY Wedding {ring bearer pillow}

As I mentioned in my veil and headpiece post I had a collection of my family wedding heirlooms!
My mother made my aunt's and her wedding dresses so we had leftover fabric from each.  I KNEW I had to use it somehow.  I ended up deciding to create my ring bearer pillow form from my mom's fabric, the silk outer pillow from my aunt's wedding dress fabric and a pearl necklace of my grandmas.  I, also, had received as a gift from my bridesmaid Lisa some green ribbon and I used it as my flowers. 
Simple to make, sentimental in value! I made a simple pillow out of the fabric, and hand sewed the pearl necklace on around the edge (the necklace was already tubular in shape).  After I handmade all the flowers and sewed each on to create my little masterpiece for my sweet ring bearer to carry!
..i love it..

after the ceremony
.. son of blogger: squeezing it all in ..

ha...I wear two rings! The diamond and the fat bright sterling silver rings are mine, my hubby's is the one on the bottom left...hammered was one of our 'themes'!
If you need/want more instruction or questions, let me know.  I'd be MORE than happy to help!
{Kate}

1 comment:

Heather said...

sooo pretty....and well, I'm in love with that lucky cutie pie who got to carry it!