8.28.2011

DIY Wedding Stationary {Save the Dates.Invitations.Programs.Reception Cards}

I did all my stationary myself (well, I did pretty much EVERYTHING for my wedding so..ha, this included) and it gave me such a sense of accomplishment and knowing how much $$ I saved..double YAHOO!

..Stamp..
I decided to have a stamp made for our Signature Name Design that we'd use on all our stationary etc! It worked out perfect and I can still use it in all our future cards and such.  It was made by a custom stamp company online that makes address stamps and I just typed in our names instead of an address! I did speak directly to the company to change fonts around but, they were FABULOUS and I adore my stamp!


..Save the Dates..
We both love to read, so bookmarks seemed perfect! Geoff helped me make these as well, bless him!

..Invitations..
I researched a bazillion places and fell in love with the envelope style...commence MASSIVE overtaking!  I had the help of many friends on this one! It took a while for me to get them created on my computer, then took them to Staples to print off (whew, that held a few issues itself).  Then I (to save $$ again) cut them all out with a paper slicer.  You can purchase pre-made invitation style envelopes at one of my favorite stores (The Paper Source) however..money saver again...I made my own.  Again, bless my dear friends and their hands!  I will never forget their willingness to help and sacrifice of time on Geoff and my behalf!

Heather {over at "Squeezing It All In"}getting ready to WORK!


Lisa injured her finger...I pushed them {wink}



Stacy sewed ALL the invites together...I was WAY too nervous. Love her for this!!


.Outside.


.inside.
~Big Thanks to: Mom, Stacy, Tracy, Lisa, Heidi, Heather, Joanna, and Geoff~
..Wedding Programs.. 
Now, we had a Friday night ceremony and we knew it would probably be hot in August.  We weren't sure if the church AC would be on (it was, but still toasty in there).  We really wanted our guests to be as comfortable as possible and enjoy themselves, henceforth Program Fans!

Geoff and I stained popsicle sticks, cut all the paper down to size, clipped corners, and glued.  Such a great hubbsters for helping me with this chore.  **Note to Bride** We made 2/3 the amount of guests invited...and still have a ton left over...make like 1/2 of guests invited..ha!

..Reception Stationary..
I love things that are labeled.period. So, of course I wanted people to know what was what at our reception!  I made labels for about everything that of course matched our "Stationary Theme".  I'll share a few photos, you'll get the idea, ha! 






..Thank You's..

Geoff and I came up with this idea and ran with it...lol!
We included: Picture, thank you, new family info card



I loved creating all of my stationary...and you've only really seen a SMALL amount!

{Kate}

2 comments:

Heather said...

All the stationary turned out VERY creative and cute! So glad I was able to help!

Kristy said...

Your friends were very hard working. You are blessed!